Monday, April 4, 2011

April Showers not SNOW....

It's been a bit but I haven't had much to report.  I am in good spirits and things are slowly moving.  I decided to join a weight loss group for support so I joined the biggestloserclub.com and I have become part of a group that does weekly/monthly challenges with each other and the group splits into two teams.  I have found a lot of advice and help on this site and I am hoping it keeps me going and focused.  They have experts you can ask questions and get advice from as well and they have helped me too.

I have realized and really long known that I do great as long as I have a schedule.  Mon-Fri is no problem.  I get up, work out, go to work, go to gym, come home make dinner and get ready for next day, sleep and repeat.  It works for me.  I don't get off track during the week and I eat pretty healthy.  It's the weekends when I am more relaxes and lounging around the house or out for drinks with friends that I overindulge and just loose track of what's going on.  If I can get my weekends in order I think the weight will come off more steadily.  I do go to the gym on Saturday mornings and I have been trying to get some form of exercise in on Sundays.  This past weekend my eats weren't great but the snacking was down to a minimum which is a huge improvement.  So I am happy with that.

I have also added 2 days of weight loss yoga to my morning workouts and 3 mornings are strength training.  I spend more time at the gym doing cardio and more time at home doing the weights.  I get to the gym still 4 days a week and I have been toying with the idea of going 5.  However I have added at least another day at home using the elliptical or treadmill.  I have started doing walk/jog intervals and I am looking forward to getting better at doing that.  I feel like if I can jog I can go anywheres.

Spring I think is finally here.  I am hoping that the last snow showed itself last week and we will have better days and more sunshine ahead of us.  April is here and I am 3lbs away from the next decade down and I know I can do this.  I want to do it.  I must stay focused. 

Happy Spring!!!

1 comment:

  1. You are doing awesome with your exercise, Brandi! Yoga is really great, isn't it?!

    Hope you get your 3 lbs. soon!!! You can do it!

    ReplyDelete