Thursday, January 6, 2011

So Far...

This week has been good overall health wise.  I had an awesome workout at the gym Tuesday night.  My HRM said I burnt 780 calories.  I got lost in my thoughts when I was on the elliptical and I think I took my frustrations out on it as well.  I did that for 45 minutes and then did some weights for 15 minutes.  Tonight I hope to have the same results at the gym.  I have also gotten up every morning this week at 5:00 a.m.  Yup that's right and worked out for 30 minutes before work.  I have been trying to incorporate more weight lifting and use of resistance bands to try to to work on my core a bit so some mornings I do 20-25 minutes on the elliptical and then I will spend at least another 10 minutes doing some form of strength training.  Anyone got any good ideas about trying to dwindle the middle?  My upper body has gotten smaller and so has my legs but my waist??  Not so much.  It's just stuck.  I know you can't do my to control where the fat leaves and sooner or later it will leave the waist area too but I am ready already.  Haha.  Tomorrow is a complete rest day and then back to the gym Saturday morning for a good workout with the hubby.

So food wise this week it hasn't been horrible.  I have been tracking my calories on Sparkpeople again.  Man it's so hard to keep tracking and being diligent about it.  I at least have an iPhone and I have an app for that.  Haha.  I love saying that.  So I have been good all week and in range except yesterday.  I did good til I got to my parents house for dinner.  What is it about a parents home that makes you throw it all out the window?  Well there sat the candy dish so I had a few bite size pieces of chocolate and then dinner was home made beef stew with buttermilk biscuits.  That was the death of me.  So I ended up having 3 biscuits with the hearty bowl of stew at my parents and I of course brought some home for the hubby where I had another biscuit.  EEKK!!  I am starting to realize that carbs/white flour is a trigger for me.  I almost always eat multigrian, wheat, pumpernickel bread and when I happen to eat white bread, pasta I start to overindulge and then I get this hunger sensation that won't go away.  I ended up eating a bowl of cherries last night and then some peanuts.  I probably at about 1/2 a cup or a little more of peanuts.  i know they aren't the worst choice but we all know how high in calories peanuts are.  So not to jinx myself but I am planning on having no more slips or screw ups this week.  I already have entered my foods for the day and I am at 1350 calories so I still have room for a little extra if I need it.  I have all my meals in and the 2 planned snacks so I am feeling good. 

Heres to a great day and a great tomorrow!  Oh let's not forget the hardest part of the week....THE WEEKEND!  Boy I love them but that seems to be the hardest time for me and when all common sense and good intentions fly out the window. I am hoping to have the power and strength this weekend to get through it.  Who's with me now?

Hope you are all having a great week. 

1 comment:

  1. I know that when I need to go after my waist, I rock the yoga. Plus it ends up inadvertently helping my arms and inner thighs as well. Win-win situation.

    ReplyDelete