Friday, January 28, 2011

It's already the end of January

Time is flying by so fast...I don't know where it's going.  The one thing I do know if the weight is not dropping.  I have been sick all week and I made it to the gym Monday and Tuesday and worked out at home both mornings before realizing that this wasn't a good idea.  So I have been resting for the rest of the week and just trying to get better.  I can't taste food which has been leading to a lot of picking at things.  I have been trying to eat healthy just to get the nutrients in my system but when I am sick I crave bad stuff.  So on top of the healthy is also the bad.  I have been considering going to see a nutritionist to see if they get help get me on the right path.

Last year I lost around 5-6lbs total.  That's not much for a year especially when I joined a gym in May and have been going regularly since.  I use a HRM everytime I work out and my total calories burned at the end of a week runs around 3000 calories so wouldn't you expect to see a drop?  I know I do indulge but I didn't think my indulging was that bad.  I might go out for drinks a few times a month and I might have a few bad desserts a month but overall I am a healthy eater.  I am learning that even though I am eating healthier foods, it isn't going to help me if I can't reduce my quantity.  So, I have been working on reducing my quantity and my other problem is I go all day on schedule with food and exercise.  I eat great and track calories but then at night I start getting intense cravings for food and not healthy ones.  I will have a snack but then I want more.  It's like I just can't seem to get full at night.  Does anyone else have this problem?  I tell myself no but I end up grabbing something anyways.  I drink tea, snack on fruit but it doesn't always work.  I have been trying to make my go to snack popcorn with nothing on it except some seasoning that I add or maybe some EVOO but not a lot.

So here I am again saying the same things.  I loose a few pounds but by the next week it's back.  Right now I just want to get better and get back on track.  Today I am determined to stay good and not go overboard as with this weekend.  They seem to be my downfall.  It's such a battle but I don't want to be 275lbs anymore!!!  I wasted a whole year and it's time to get this weight shifted and downwards.  No more excuses... NO MORE!!!  It's time to move on and get it going.  It's time to find the strength I need to say no to myself at night.  I have no choice if I  want to loose weight.  I don't blame it on others.  It's my own self. 

Yes, I lost inches last year and I have gone down in clothes size but the fact is I am at 275 and I should be able to loose this weight with all the working out I do.  I average 5-6 hours a week of official exercise.  I don't eat fried, fatty foods.  We might eat out once a week but I always try to have the best option and I don't eat it all.  So I feel if I can get my nighttime snacking down I will get somewheres.  I want to get out of the 70's and into the 60's I feel like if I can get over this hump it will get me some motivation and spirit again and I will feel like it is possible.

Thanks for listening to my rambles.  I am trying to get all my thoughts out there to find the source.  I hope you are all having lots of success and I wish you the best.  If you have any advice I am more than willing to take it. 

Have a great day!  Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment