Tuesday, March 1, 2011

I think I found the light....

Happy March Everyone!!!  We are that much closer to Spring and I can feel it in the air.  I am so done with this fierce winter.  It has been rough and the storm that pounded us this past Friday left me feeling helpless but thankful for such great neighbors who helped me out and towed me out of the snowbank I was stuck in. 

So I bought a weight loss dvd for yoga and I have been giving this a shot since early February.  I decided to do this for my morning workout instead of my usual use of the elliptical/weights.  At night I still go to the gym 4 times a week and use an elliptical or the treadmill for about an hour and do some weights.  So in these past few weeks my weight has shifted.  I had gone back up to 278lbs while I was sick.  Now I am down to 273lbs.  The only thing I have really changed was my morning workout.  Is is possible I have been doing too much?  Is it possible I was just overworking my body and it wouldn't let me loose weight?  I mean yeah I don't always eat perfectly but I do eat 99% better than I did 2 years ago, heck even a year ago so am I on to something?  Could it possibly be that I am better off doing a little less?  So these are all the questions I have creeping around in my head.  I am going to give it a shot and see what happens. 

I wear a Polar HRM when I workout.  My morning workout usually is around 300 calories burned and now when I do yoga I am only burning around 175 calories.  When I am at the gym I burn usually between 550-650 calories.  So when I was doing both I would be burning as much as 950 calories a day and I am thinking it was too much?  I wasn't starving myself either.  I would eat when I was hungry and I would have snacks. 

So this month  I feel like it is going to be the month.  I have been stuck in this decade of numbers for around a year now and it's time to get out.  I am 3lbs to the next decade and I can just feel it.  I am feeling inspired and I feel like if I can just see the 60's it will give me a whole other wave of motivation and determination. 

I have also stopped tracking my food and fitness online.  I am not doing it in a journal and I think it keeps me more accountable because it is there in front of me.  If I need to see where I am or what I have eaten I just grab it and look.  If I need to look at previous weeks/days to see what's going right or wrong I just flip a page.  I don't have to turn the computer on and search for previous days....it's all right there.  I think it registers with me better when I write it down vs. typing it in.  So I am going to continue writing in my journal and see where that gets me.

This month I want to get into the 60's and I want to soar through them.  I am going to stay positive and keep track of my food and fitness.   I am going to continue to find healthier foods and options and keep at it.  I think the more sunshine and warmth I get the more motivated I will be.  The happier I will get.  I think this winter has brought on the blues and I am ready to get out of them and move on.

Here's to a great March!  I hope everyone is doing well on their journey and if you have any thoughts please share.  Thanks. 

No comments:

Post a Comment