Friday, June 11, 2010

HAPPY FRIDAY!!!!

Happy Friday! WOOHOO! I am so happy this week is done with. For some reason it just seemed never ending and I couldn't get with it. Now the weekend is finally here and my plan is to stay focused and stay on track.

I must say yesterday was bad day. I had carbs calling me all day. I have been eating less carbs just because it seems that I get in these carb routines and all I want are them so I have been cutting back on them which doesn't affect me and I am fine without them. However I guess my body says otherwise. Yesterday I had to do an errand before lunch so I ran to the grocery store after and grabbed a turkey, bacon with roasted red pepper sandwich on oat bread and then I saw them. Ultimate cinnamon buns! I used to love them! They are SOOOOOOOO BAD! I grabbed a box. I said I would eat just 1/2 of one. Well I ate 1/2 the sandwich and 1/2 a cinnamon bun but then it was still calling me so I ate the other half. Then at work I had 2 mini chocolate donuts and some maple and brown sugar shredded wheat cereal I had. OMG! I couldn't stop. So I went to the gym and did 50 minutes on the elliptical and I did different weight machines for around 20 minutes. I also did 30 minutes on the elliptical in the morning. I did 4 miles at the gym but the one at home doesn't tell me. I wore my HRM and I had a total of a little over 900 calories burnt yesterday soooooo.....I feel HORRIBLE with the way I ate but I did burn a lot. So I tried making up for it at dinner, I made zucchini spaghetti with tomato sauce. We had meatballs w/ it b/c that is what the hubby wanted. I also added peppers, mushrooms, onions, and asparagus. Well I wanted more so I had some japanese crackers and then some banana and pineapple softserve. I logged in my calories for the day and I was over 2000, I was so annoyed I just went to bed. If I stopped having days like that I would be fine. I would be where I want to be weight wise. These are the things I need to work on.

I have come a long way over the years, I no longer drink soda (maybe once a month) and I don't drink much alcohol either. My main drinks are water, tea and coffee. I only put 1 tblsp. of creamer in my huge cup of coffee now also. I eat a lot more veggies and fruits and not much processed food anymore. I know overall I am eating so much better than I use to and I am a whole lot more active. So I know I am doing good, even if the weight isn't budging. I just need to stop having really bad days and stick with it.

My goal this weekend is to not have any beer or other forms of liquid calories and to choose a decent meal at the restuarant tonight. Also, hit the gym tomorrow morning and Sunday if we aren't busy in the morning. I need to stay focused on what I am eating and not pick and snack a lot! Those are my weekend goals. I can do it! I should be able to do it. Here's hoping I do fine!

I really think writing things out is helping me a bit, it should make me accountable and if I can keep at it then I will be able to look back and be like oh yeah, that's why I didn't loose weight you moron you ate a box of cinnamon buns every week. NOT THAT I DO THAT! OH and a box would be 2240 calories! EEKKK!

Anyways here's hoping to a great and successful weekend. Healthy and focused!!!

1 comment:

  1. carbs are a slippery, tricky friend! they are important to have, and good for you (the right kinds - sorry not the oh so delish cinnamon kind lol)...but one mis-step and you are sliding into carb cravin crazies!!

    good for you for recognizing when you've done awesome things for yourself though! thats just as, if not more, important then recognizing when you've messed up:)

    keep at it!
    xo

    ReplyDelete