Monday, June 7, 2010

Trying to get in the groove of things...

I want to do a blog because I think it will help me stay accountable and keep me focused and on the right track. However it seems that I don't have time to do this. I start it and then don't continue. I read other blogs all the time and they inspire me and give me motivation and great ideas on how to reach my goals so I want to help others as well.

I have been having a problem staying focused with my weight loss. I am not gaining but I am not loosing. I have been working out more than ever but I am still not budging on the scale. The hubby says it's because I am gaining muscle, which is great but come on I used to just do 30 minutes on the elliptical 5 - 6 times a week and now I do that plus I go to the gym and do another 40-60 minutes on an elliptical and then I do strength training for another 20 minutes. I use a HRM and I average around 4000 calories burned a week so what gives??? I think my weekends are doing me in. I don't go crazy but we eat out and have a few drinks here and there and a few treats. I think the calories are a lot worse than I think. I need to get things back on track and I need to stop letting myself have all these little treats. I am obviously giving myself too many!

So I would love to loose another 20 lbs before September because that is when we are going on our trip to England and Ireland and I would love to have 55 lbs total gone. I would feel like I am accomplishing something again. That gives me a little over two months and it should be doable right? I sure hope so.

I hope to return here soon and make this a regular thing. Heres to the start of a blog that will keep me accountable and on track. I can do this!

1 comment:

  1. Hey girl!! Regular blogging will definitely help with the Accountability factor. Another thing I highly suggest is counting your calories. You'll probably be shocked at how many you're taking in, especially with alcohol. I try not to drink my calories. I want them all for food!!!! Also, water, water, water...it flushes all kinds of crap out of your system including sodium and that's a big help when weigh day comes around. 20 lbs in a little over 2 months is definitely doable...sounds like your exercise is great!! I'm rooting for you! :)

    ReplyDelete